Cobblestones are a beloved material around the world. Bringing with them a distinct sense of European timelessness, they’ve now infiltrated the architectural styles of homes and commercial spaces around the globe, no longer contained within their continent. As a highly versatile and durable building material, it’s no wonder cobblestones are used prolifically, bringing a unique sense of class and natural beauty to all kinds of architectural styles and environments.
If you’re yet to explore the world of cobblestones, here are five versatile ways they can bring beauty and durability into your space….
- Cobblestone driveways – cobblestones are a perfect paving material for driveways thanks to their durability. Able to withstand the weight of cars over time without a crack, cobblestone driveways are a smart financial move if you’re looking for peace of mind when constructing a new driveway. Thanks to their textured finish, cobblestones also provide traction on steeper surfaces, which is a great bonus for those who are living on angled blocks.
- Cobblestone walkways – cobblestone walkways are both practical and visually pleasing. With cobblestones able to provide a great edging for walkways, they also serve to keep grass out, creating distinct pathways while blending in through their natural finish to create an organic visual appeal. Cobblestone pathways manage to feel both rustic and classy at the same time, adding to the aesthetics of your property and increasing its overall value.
- Cobblestone patios – if you’re looking to bring a touch of European romance to your garden or backyard, look no further than a cobblestone patio. Either standing alone as the single natural stone of choice, or working alongside other natural stone to play with the intersection of different textures and colours, a cobblestone patio is going to become a warm, natural environment through its aesthetic impact and the imagery it evokes. This is also a very practical material choice for a patio setting, thanks to the non-slip textured style that makes for a safer environment for ongoing foot traffic.
- Cobblestone exteriors – now we’re really moving into European territory! There’s nothing quite as timeless as the look of a cobblestone home exterior. If you’re looking to create a sense of quaint, rustic charm, cobblestones are the perfect building material for exterior walls. Cobblestone walls can also act as a feature wall to contrast against more sleek, modern architectural styles and choices of building material. If you’re looking to play with a sense of old vs. new amongst your design choices, a cobblestone feature wall or cobblestone exteriors are going to give you plenty of points of focal interest to work with.
- Cobblestone water features – looking to spruce up your outdoor space without a major build? Installing a water feature is a great way to add a sense of new life and movement into your home or commercial setting. Granite cobblestones come together to create beautiful and practical water features. Used either as natural stone edging or for the entirety of the water feature flooring, cobblestones are going to add timeless elegance to a water feature that draws the eye and withstands the elements.